Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I love you for life.

I am a believer in love, the unconditional kind. I am confused by people who say "I love you", one moment, and then find it very easy to flip the switch. I've never been able to do that. Once I love you, I love you for life. Unconditional love takes a lot of compromise and forgiveness. It takes looking at someone and saying you've hurt me, you've failed me, but I continue to love you. It is what I teach my children and what I hope they see and feel in me.  Loving unconditionally means that I choose to see people without judgment and try to understand where they are coming from and how loving them more instead of less will make a difference. Sometimes, loving unconditionally means that I love silently and in tears because my love is not reciprocated by people who I thought loved me too.... Other times I love loudly and sing it from the top of my lungs.  I am addicted to unconditional love, although it is not always kind, I believe it always perseveres.....

I need all of you, who have asked about the girls who have left my practice, to know that my heart is broken. I have fallen in love with few people in my life, but they are definitely some of those people. I want to let everyone know that my love for them still exists and my hopes for their success has not changed and never will.

To all of you who have asked, prayed, and cried with me and who continue to support me on this ever changing, ever learning, journey........ Thank you, for loving this imperfect person so perfectly.



~Melissa








No comments:

Post a Comment